Product no.: 112237
NP-BACTO PELLETS -
Biodegradable filter media for the effective removal of nitrates and phosphates
Tropic Marin® NP-BACTO-PELLETS is easy-to-use organic filter media for pellet reactors for the effective and biological removal of nitrate and phosphate. The pellets are made from a mixture of natural biopolymers, which promote the colonisation and growth of nitrate and phosphate removing bacteria as well as other microorganisms. The bacterial colonisation starts very quickly and then occurs on an on-going basis.
Nitrogen and phosphorus is required for the growth of useful microorganisms. They reduce the nitrate und phosphate levels in the aquarium by extracting these elements from the aquarium water. Valuable, nutrient rich, biomass is produced from this process and is flushed from the pellet reactor into the aquarium where it serves as an important basic food resource for corals and other filter feeders, or is skimmed out of the water.
- Easy-to-use filter media for the effective removal of nitrate and phosphate
- Due to the compact size, it is suitable for fluidized bed filter or pellet reactors
- Made of natural biopolymers, which promote the colonization and growth of nitrate and phosphate removing bacteria as well as other microorganisms
- Allows corals to show their brightest and most vibrant colors while also be able to grow vigorously
- The bacterial colonization starts very quickly and then occurs on an on-going basis
- Suitable for an aquarium stocked with fish, soft and leather corals, LPS, SPS, other filter feeders and/or crustaceans
Tropic Marin® NP-BACTO-PELLETS is made of natural biopolymers.
The NP-BACTO-PELLETS are for the use in a pellet reactor or fluidising reactor with a powerful fluidisation of the media. Soak the NP-BACTO-PELLETS for two hours before use them first.
Start with 50 ml NP-BACTO-PELLETS for every 100 litres of aquarium system water and fill the filter media in the reactor chamber. Consider the operating instructions of the reactor. Double the amount after four weeks if necessary but DO NOT EXCEED 200 ml of NP-BACTO-PELLETS per 100 litres of aquarium system water. For the removal of nutrients and gas exchange a protein skimmer is recommended in marine aquariums.
As a result of the degeneration of the organic filter medium by the microorganisms, we recommend to top up the NP-BACTO-PELLETS every month to replace any degraded material.