With the Fauna Marin Multi-Reference Solution, you can test your test kits under accurate conditions. Our Reference Solution is the first to be based on a saltwater matrix and is quality tested using our ICP-AES testing machine. We use a saltwater matrix that is similar to aquarium water so that all common variables which affect normal water tests are taken into account.
Each batch is quality controlled and tested in our Seawater Research Laboratory to ensure accurate and reliable solutions, every time.
Our 100ml solution is stable and combines all these values into a single solution
the values ??below are approximate,
depending on the batch.
Only the values ??printed on the bottle are the valid ones
Calcium – 425 mg/L
Magnesium – 1,315 mg/L
Potassium – 375 mg/L
Salinity – 33.9 ppt (51.6 mS) @ 75°F
Alkalinity – 7 DKH (2.5 meq/L)
Strontium – 7.1 mg/L
Nitrate – 11.5 mg/L
Phosphate – 0.05 mg/L
Multi-Reference Solution is especially useful for
- Testing the validity of new test kits
- Verifying results after unexpected test results
- Testing kits that were stored for a long time
- Checking an expired test kit’s accuracy
- Calibrating your refractometer
Measurement of the reference solution with a magnesium test gives you a result of 1,000 mg/L.
- The reference solution however contains 1,314 mg/L
- The ratio therefore is: 1,314 mg/L : 1,000 mg/L
- The correction factor is noted on the magnesium test
- A later measurement with this magnesium test results in the aquarium water: 1,300 mg/L
- Calculation: 1,300 mg/L * 1.314 = 1,708.2 mg/L